References & Resources
Culture change; including person-centered care, for senior living environments is supported by the Senior Living Sustainability Guide®. The following resources are provided to assist you and your organization with your culture change journey:
- Culture Change Now: www.culturechangenow.com
- National Alliance of Small Houses (NASH): www.smallhousealliance.org
- MNS Institute (Masonic Health System of Massachusetts): www.mhs-mass.org
- Pioneer Network: www.pioneernetwork.net
- Planetree©: www.planetree.org
- Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments (SAGE): www.sagefederation.org
- The Center for Health Design: www.healthdesign.org
- The Green House® Project: www.thegreenhouseproject.org
- Lighting Patterns for Healthy Buildings: www.lightingpatternsforhealthybuildings.org
- Sustainable Facilities Tool: Buildings and Health, Health and Wellness Crosswalk
"Design Guide for Long Term Care Homes" 2018 Edition. Document Version: 2018.01. Author: Robert Wrublowsky
Available with permission: ©2017 Robert Wrublowsky all rights reserved
Robert Wrublowsky, Principal at MMP Architects in Canada, has graciously shared his Design Guide for Long Term Care Homes. 2018 Edition. Document Version: 2018.01 as a free downloadable resource on With Seniors in Mind website. The document is an excellent compilation of research and the application of Evidence Based Design principles in the design process of long term care settings. If you have comments or would like to share a case study, please contact Robert at email@example.com. Thank you!
"Lighting for Seniors"
Available with permission: ©2017 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute all rights reserved
Mark S. Rea, PhD and Mariana G. Figueiro, PhD
Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
"Design Guidelines for the Visual Environment"
Available with permission: Design Guideline for the Visual Environment: Version 6. May 11, 2015 © National Institute of Building Sciences
National Institute of Building Sciences. Low Vision Design Program. An Authoritative Source of Innovative Solutions for the Built Environment. Funded by generous support from the Hulda B. and Maurice L. Rothschild Foundation. Also supported by the Jim H. McClung Lighting Research Foundation